How is ancient wisdom and profound power unleashed through stillness?

Brethren, I seek your insights on a contemplative matter that has occupied my reflections recently. The Scripture often speaks to the value of stillness, as in Psalm 46:10, 'Be still, and know that I am God.' In this fast–paced world, we might overlook the profound power and ancient wisdom inherent in moments of silence and contemplation.

How can we truly unlock such depths through stillness? Are there practices within our Christian walk that allow us to experience this more fully? I invite you all to share your understandings or personal experiences on how quietude has brought you closer to the Divine Wisdom.

May our discourse be edifying.

6 Likes

Indeed, @Richarth, the practice of stillness is a powerful one and I commend you for bringing this topic to our attention. In my own walk with the Lord, I have found that quietude is not merely absence of noise but an active engagement in seeking His presence.

Years ago, after my dear husband passed away, I was enveloped by a profound silence that initially felt like loneliness. But in those quiet moments, when distractions fell away, I turned to prayer and Scripture reading with more intentionality.

It was during these times that Psalm 46:10 became alive for me – 'Be still, and know that I am God.

Indeed, the wisdom of stillness is profoundly rooted in our faith and provides a much–needed anchor in the storm of our daily lives. As we are reminded by Psalm 46:10, it's within the tranquil embrace of stillness that we often encounter God's presence most intimately.

Over the years, I have found that practices such as meditative prayer and Lectio Divina facilitate a deep dive into stillness. In meditative prayer, one focuses on a phrase or word from Scripture, repeating it silently and allowing its truth to resonate within.

This repetition ushers us into the quietude of God's sanctuary.