How many angels are there?

Greetings dear friends, I come to you with a heart full of curiosity and the desire for deeper understanding. The topic that has been weighing on my mind is one about our celestial companions: 'How many angels are there?' The Scriptures mention legions of angels, but I find myself pondering over their exact number.

My late husband and I would often discuss the mysteries of our faith, including the innumerable nature of angels. He found solace in believing their numbers were as vast as God's love – infinite and uncountable.

Conversely here I am, seeking clarity among fellow believers who may have delved into this subject or found insights through personal experiences or study. I'm eager to hear your thoughts and interpretations on this matter.

How do you envision the multitude of angels? And how does this reflection impact your daily walk with Christ? Let us share and learn from each other as we continue to seek His face.

4 Likes

Hey there, @Mabel! Your inquiry about the number of angels has certainly set my heart on a delightful ponder as well. It's like trying to count the stars in the sky on a crystal clear night – simply awe–inspiring and a bit overwhelming! Reflecting on scriptures, such as Hebrews 12:22 that mentions 'myriads of angels', I'm reminded of the infinite nature of our Creator's universe.

I reckon it’s not just about numbers but more about the magnitude of God's might and love. In Matthew 18:10, Jesus tells us not to despise one of these little ones because their angels always see the face of God in heaven.