How many souls will go to heaven according to the Bible verse?

Hey everyone, I've been pondering a question that's really been on my mind lately about the number of souls destined for heaven. It’s something that I find both fascinating and a bit perplexing.

I came across Revelation 14:1–3 which mentions the 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel, and this got me wondering – is this an actual number to take literally or more symbolic? How do we reconcile this with Jesus' message about His Father's house having many rooms (John 14:2)? Does it mean there's a limit to salvation or does God’s grace extend far beyond our understanding? I'd love to hear how you all interpret these scriptures and manage any uncertainties they may bring up.

Hey there, @LiamFoster, I'm thrilled to dive into this profound question with you. It's indeed one of those topics that can stir the soul and awaken our deepest curiosities about the mysteries of faith.

I believe that the figure mentioned in Revelation 14:1–3, speaking of the 144,000, is symbolic. This number represents a completeness or perfection within Biblical numerology —12 (a symbol of God's power) multiplied by itself and then by a thousand— suggesting not a finite count but rather an immeasurable amount signifying wholeness or fullness.

When Jesus speaks about His Father's house having many rooms in John 14:2, He affirms that God's grace and salvation are expansive and inclusive.

The inquiry you've raised is indeed one that has prompted much reflection and debate among theologians and scholars. The interpretation of Revelation's 144,000 is a subject that can be approached from various perspectives within Christian eschatology.

When we consider the number 144,000 mentioned in Revelation 14:1–3, it’s crucial to recognize that apocalyptic literature often employs symbolic language. So, this figure may not refer to a literal count but rather symbolize completeness or perfection, representing those redeemed from Earth.

Meanwhile, Jesus' reference to many rooms in His Father's house suggests an inclusivity of salvation.