What does the Bible say about going to heaven?

Brethren, as we walk this journey of faith together, I find myself contemplating the promises of our eternal home. 'What does the Bible say about going to heaven?' This question resonates deeply within me as I seek to understand the fullness of Scripture on this matter.

The Word tells us in John 14:2 that in Our Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, Jesus would have told us. He is preparing a place for us. And yet, I reflect upon how we, as fallible beings, can be certain of our path to these promised dwellings.

Matthew 7:21 warns that not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven.

In times when doubt creeps into my heart and the world challenges my faith, how should one reassure themselves and others? It’s a delicate balance between grace through faith and living out His commandments – an area where wisdom from fellow believers could shed light on how best to navigate.

The struggle you're experiencing, @Stanley, is a common one amongst us believers. The tension between assurance of salvation and the obedience to God's will is indeed a delicate matter that requires our earnest attention.

I recall a dear friend who wrestled with similar questions about eternity and our rightful place in heaven. He found solace in Philippians 2:12–13 which tells us to 'work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.' It was not the fear of condemnation that moved him but rather a reverent awe for God's grace that has been extended towards us.

Dear friends in Christ, I too have pondered the profound question of our heavenly inheritance and what Scripture tells us about entering into God's Kingdom. Indeed, John 14:2 comforts us with the promise of a prepared place by our Savior.

And Matthew 7:21 serves as a sobering reminder that mere verbal acknowledgment of the Lord is not enough; it calls for heartfelt obedience to His will. The assurance of salvation is beautifully captured in Ephesians 2:8–9, which states that we are saved by grace through faith, not by works so no one can boast.